Monday, February 3, 2014

Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That!

Okay you knew that in time I was going to blog about something that has been griping me.  Well, now is the time, so don’t even go there.

Occasionally, I see people on facebook informing their friends that they do not play games, hence they should refrain from sending them requests.  I acknowledge that it can be a tad bit annoying.  However, there is an easy way to combat it – block the requests, block the friends, email the friends to let them know.  There is really no need to post it on your status, and there certainly is no need to call your friends out in your status.  Two wrongs don’t make a right, and your rudeness is not going to solve the problem.  First of all, not everyone knows that there is a ‘request all’ button that goes to ALL friends.  Then, not everyone realizes that the ‘next’ button is being pressed.  And lastly, not everyone has time to pick out the friends that don’t want any requests.

But, let’s face it, it’s a bit disingenuous to say, “I don’t have time to play games” when you are already on facebook.  In light of the fact that you are on facebook and posting a status like that, it shows that you have time.  In addition, if you can change your status every day, you have time.  If you are finding pictures daily to post on your page, you have time.  I get it that you don’t like playing games, and you don’t want to play games, but please don’t act like it’s because you are so busy.

Then there are the people who say that they don’t watch TV, yet they know every celebrity by name and scandal.  Look, I get it: there are 1,440 minutes in a day, and we each choose how we want to spend them.  But don’t tell me that you only watch PBS, Discovery and British soccer, then I find out that not only do you know who Bruce Jenner is, but you know how much Honey Boo Boo’s mom weighs.  I don’t like reality TV either, but I enjoyed watching PBS The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. as much as I enjoy watching The Haves and the Have Nots every single Tuesday.  It’s TV; it’s okay for it to be entertaining.  Just don’t judge others for what they watch.  If we all watched the same thing, then there would be no need for thousands of channels. [Okay, there really is NO need for thousands of channels.]  And PS:  if you are laid up in bed reading Harlequin romances, you are no more cultured than anyone who watches soap opera.

And what about those folks who insist that their children not be on facebook.  Gimme a break!  If there was something like facebook when I was a child, I’d be all over it.  Thanks, now I just had a flashback of the days when I was stuck in the house alone with nowhere to go, no one to talk to and nothing to do!  Just great!!!  Nobody is saying that children have to be on facebook or idling on their electronic devices 24/7, but come on, it’s really not that serious, if they are being monitored.

Oh, oh, those people who never have time to call their friends and family because they are always so pressed for time, just give me a break and don’t flatter yourself, because perspectively speaking, everybody is busy.

2 comments:

  1. When people say they are too busy, I say "you're not busier than God"; usually gives them something to think about.

    A lot of us are busy doing nothing. We CHOOSE to not call, interact or connect with our family and friends. We just need to be honest with ourselves. I tell people straight up - "I'm lazy. Don't feel anyway. I think of you and I know you're thinking of me (or at least that's what I believe)."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you so right Myra? Good one as usual!

    I am caching up here, lets see what else I have missed ;)

    ReplyDelete