Saturday, January 25, 2014

It’s not that my life is perfect; it’s that I’m content with the life that I have.

There will always be somebody smarter than I, but I’m happy that I possess a zest for knowledge.

There will always be somebody prettier than I, but I’m happy that I’m not that woman on the facebook meme everyone laughs at.

There will always be somebody with more children and still skinnier than I, but I’m happy that I can still see my toes.

There will always be somebody richer than I, but I’m happy that I have food to eat, clothes on my back and a place to live.

There will always be somebody with a bigger house than mine, but I’m happy that I have a place to lay my head at nights.

There will always be somebody whose house is tidier than mine, but I’m happy that when I enter my house, I can throw my shoes to the side and lie down on my sofa.

There will always be somebody whose house is cleaner than mine, but I’m glad that I never feel guilty about washing dirty dishes tomorrow.

There will always be somebody with a more active lifestyle, but I’m happy that I try to live each day to the fullest.

There will always be somebody with a more successful husband than mine, but I’m happy that my husband has a job.

There will always be somebody whose children are more accomplished than mine, but I’m happy that they attempt things that interest them.

There will always be somebody funnier than I, but I’m happy that I crack myself up each and every day.

There will always be somebody cheaper than I, but …..wait, wait, who am I kidding?  Perspectively speaking, it is going to take more than seven billion people for me to concede this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment